Guide to Christmas Celebration at SeaWorld San DiegoNovember 4, 2018
For many SeaWorld fans, Christmas is the best time of year because we all know that SeaWorld goes all-out in celebrating the season. From the spectacular nighttime shows to the millions of lights around each park, Christmas Celebration is always an event that can’t be missed! Here’s a guide to all of the special experiences you can expect at SeaWorld San Diego’s Christmas Celebration, which runs from November 17 to December 31:
- Clyde and Seamore’s Christmas Special: Clyde, Seamore, and OP Otter are full of holiday shenanigans in this returning fan favorite show. Watch as SeaWorld’s amazing sea lions and Asian small-clawed otters put on a spoof of a classic holiday TV special.
- Dolphin Island Christmas: Watch as bottlenose dolphins and a short-finned pilot whale display incredible athletic aerial behaviors in a holiday celebration set to island music.
- O Wondrous Night: Returning from last year, this show puts a twist on the traditional nativity story. You’ll hear the story of Christmas told from the perspective of the animals in the barn, and with live animals and over 30 Christmas carols, this show is sure to be a highlight of your SeaWorld Christmas experience.
- Rudolph’s Movie Experience: NEW for 2018, head to the Mission Bay Theater to experience the stories of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and all of his friends. Special effects in the theater, like falling snow and the aroma of hot chocolate, will add to the movie like you’ve never seen before.
- Elmo’s Christmas: NEW for 2018, watch as Elmo and his friends from Sesame Street celebrate the season in a dance party at the Bay of Play daily at 3pm.
- Three Kings Procession: NEW for 2018, this special presentation will tell the story of the three wise kings on their journey to find the new born king. This show will only be presented daily January 1-6.
Special Rides and Exhibits
- Dine with Killer Whales and Santa: The park’s daily Dine with Killer Whales experience will also feature Santa during SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration.
- Merry Manta: SeaWorld’s family launch coaster transforms into a Christmas thrill ride with three different holiday-themed overlays in the launch tunnel. After the launch tunnel, glide past a sea of Christmas trees as if you’re flying on Santa’s sleigh! Make sure you ride and try out all three!
- Penguin Encounter will be decorated inside with special props for the Christmas holiday season.
- Cat’s Christmas Parlor: The feline stars of Pets Rule have their own special hang-out in a holiday-themed house.
Also not to be missed are the returning Santa’s Christmas Village, where guests can meet Santa, Mrs. Claus, and all the elves, as well as take part in seasonal culinary creations. SeaWorld San Diego’s iconic 320-foot tall Skytower Tree of Lights will be visible from almost everywhere in the park. It’s the largest Christmas tree in all of Southern California!
Rudolph’s Christmastown is also NEW for 2018, and guests will be able to meet Rudolph, Clarice, Bumble, and Yukon Cornelius. Plus, be sure to visit for the nightly lighting ceremony of the 40-foot Happiest Christmas Tree.
Let us know what part of SeaWorld San Diego’s Christmas Celebration you’re most excited about!